[Gluster-users] unify and auto heal

David Saez Padros david at ols.es
Fri Jun 26 12:02:02 UTC 2009

Hi

In our case the unify volume appears completly empty altough the
disks have data, also the server log shows some lines about activating
auto-heal but nothing happens, so we have build a script to populate
the namespace, in our case we have a folder that contains a subfolder
named 'namespace' and 6 subfolders named 1 to 6 where each one is a
brick of the unify volume, then running this on the main folder
populates the namespace and creates appropiate folders in all bricks:

#!/bin/bash

for disk in 1 2 3 4 5 6 ; do
for file in `find $disk`; do
         rel=${file#*/}
         if test -d $file ; then
                 mkdir -p namespace/$rel
                 for dsk in 1 2 3 4 5 6 ; do
                         mkdir -p $dsk/$rel
                 done
         else
                 touch --reference=$file namespace/$rel
         fi
done
done

> Hi
>
> We have a similar problem. Our file system became unusable for some
> reason. It seems to me like GlusterFS believes that files are present on
> some nodes when they really are not. I want to try to regenerate the
> namespace from the data that is actually present on the nodes.
>
> Does anyone have information about how that can be achieved? Somewhere I
> read that:
>
> Namespace does not hold any crucial data, it is just like a cache.
> Infact you can wipe our your namespace anytime and it will rebuild again.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Trygve Hardersen
> Jotta AS
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:11 PM, David Saez Padros <david at ols.es
> <mailto:david at ols.es>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>
>     i have setup a unify volume using glusterfs 2.0.1 using several
>     disks with existing data, but once mounted in the remote client
>     the volume appears empty where it was suposed to auto-heal it's
>     contents automatically, is there any way to automatically
>     generate the namespace so existing data is visible to clients ?
>
>     --
>     Thanx & best regards ...

Salu-2 y hasta pronto ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       telf    +34 902 50 29 75