[Gluster-users] unify and auto heal

Trygve Hardersen trygve at jotta.no
Fri Jun 26 11:06:11 UTC 2009

Hi

We have a similar problem. Our file system became unusable for some reason.
It seems to me like GlusterFS believes that files are present on some nodes
when they really are not. I want to try to regenerate the namespace from the
data that is actually present on the nodes.

Does anyone have information about how that can be achieved? Somewhere I
read that:

Namespace does not hold any crucial data, it is just like a cache. Infact
you can wipe our your namespace anytime and it will rebuild again.

Thanks for your help

Trygve Hardersen
Jotta AS