[Gluster-users] AFR Config sanity check?

Daniel Jordan Bambach dan at lateral.net
Tue Jun 16 12:55:32 UTC 2009

Thanks Vikas,

Onbe more Q :)
Regarding io-cache.

Do I understand from here:
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Translators_options#performance.2Fio-threads

that files in the io-cache will be invalidated after 1 second (by
default), and therefore if the access pattern for files is longer than
this, then the cache won't offer any benefit?

I intended to cache .pyc files to speed execution of python files from
the Gluster mount, but the access pattern is more likely to be longer
(perhaps minutes in some cases). Won't the cache simply be invalidated
if a write occurs to the file, and otherwise it can persist in the
cache rather then being re-loaded?

D.