[Gluster-users] AFR Config sanity check?

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Tue Jun 16 09:35:17 UTC 2009

----- "Daniel Jordan Bambach" <dan at lateral.net> wrote:

> I have configured both servers with a config much like the below
> ('srv2' is replaced with 'srv1' on the other machine), and wondered if
>
> there might be any further insight from the group about improving
> performance and reliability in my rather simple set-up.

Your configuration looks fine.

> Also, is there any reason I can't use the existing (reasonably large)
> /
> home/export directories from GlsuterFS1.3.9 for a 2.0 install?

There have been some changes in the way replicate stores extended
attributes on the backend from 1.3 to 2.0. To migrate, I recommend:

1) Stop GlusterFS 1.3
2) Run the script backend-xattr-sanitize.sh (found in the extras/ directory of the source tarball)
   on both your backend directories.
3) Start GlusterFS 2.0

Vikas
--