[Gluster-users] locks feature not loading ? (2.0.0rc1)

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Wed Jan 14 16:18:53 UTC 2009

At 07:22 AM 1/14/2009, Daniel Maher wrote:
>I upgraded from 1.4.0rc3 to 2.0.0rc1 in my test environment, and while

I'm running 2.0.0rc1 and I don't have a problem with posix locks.
I dont see anything wrong with your config.

volume home1
   type storage/posix
   option directory /gluster/home
end-volume

volume posix-locks-home1
   type features/posix-locks
   option mandatory-locks on
   subvolumes home1
end-volume

>Also, the documentation for the locks feature on the wiki says :
>
>"Typically you'll want to load this on the server side, just above the
>POSIX storage translator."
>
>Does it mean to say "below", or should we actually load the locks
>feature before the posix translator, somehow ?

I think they mean above.
the config file builds a stack.  the "top" item in the config is the
"bottom" brick in the stack.
so the 2nd item in the config is put on TOP of the other brick.

I believe this explains the terminology.  I agree it's perhaps
conter-intuitive, but only to non-programmers... people who know
'stacks' get it right away.