[Gluster-users] locks feature not loading ? (2.0.0rc1)

Vikas Gorur vikasgp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 06:42:38 UTC 2009

Apropos above/below:

We view a GlusterFS cluster as a graph. The top of the graph
corresponds to your client machines, i.e., the mountpoint. The bottom
of the graph corresponds to the underlying filesystem. So a simple
client/server configuration can be seen as:

    /mnt

 write-behind

 protocol/client
     | |
     | |  network (tcp, infiniband)
 protocol/server

    locks

  storage/posix

In this view, locks is "above" the storage volume. Agreed, in the
volume spec file you have to write this tree upside down, which is
merely because it is easier to parse, and perhaps a little
counter-intuitive to non-technical users. Once we have the web UI,
we'll probably just give users a diagram like that above and let them
manipulate it :)

Vikas
--
Engineer - Z Research