[Gluster-users] How to distribute the data uniformly among all the servers

Lakshmipathi Ganapathi lakshmipathi at gluster.com
Tue Dec 22 09:20:24 UTC 2009

Hi Lingyi,
glusterfs 2.0.7 is pretty old one and this issue was fixed in later versions.You can try version 3.0 ,that should work for you.
Let us know,in case of any issues.


----- Original Message -----
From: "lingyi" <zhanglingyi at gmail.com>
To: gluster-users at gluster.org
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 5:21:43 PM GMT +05:30 Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
Subject: [Gluster-users] How to distribute the data uniformly among all the servers

Hi, there

I've configured a glusterfs 2.0.7 implementation with around a hundred
servers, for log backup.

Now, it seems that the data distribution varies a lot among the servers. A
few servers get a 90%+ disk usage, while others get a disk usage around
20%-30%. and the total usage of glusterfs volume is around 50%.

This problem really bothers me a lot... Is it common and is there anything I
can do to handle this?

Looking for help~!!!



Gluster-users mailing list
Gluster-users at gluster.org

More information about the Gluster-users mailing list