[Gluster-users] Deployment (round 2)

Paolo Supino paolo.supino at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 22:36:50 UTC 2008

Hi Krishna

 Let me elaborate on the setup I have: 36 nodes and a toaster (a Netapp
2020 filer) all connected on a private Gbit Ethernet switch (i.e. the
switch isn't connected to anything but hte nodes and toaster) . A single
node from the 36 is multi homed and is also connected to the faculty
network (the head node). The multi homed node (head node) also acts as a
PAT/PNAT/Masquerading GW for all the nodes on the private network.
Researcher's computers only see the multi homed node  (on its outward
facing interface) and don't see any of the nodes on the private network.
The glusterfs I setup uses all 35 nodes, that are connected only to the
private network, as both servers and clients of the glusterfs volume.
Currently the head (multi homed) node acts only a client (this will
change once I have the toaster be an iSCSI target).
  My final goal is to have the researcher's computers act as glusterfs
clients of the glusterfs volume I created on the private network (that
they don't see) ...

--
TIA
Paolo

BTW: if someone is getting confused by me calling the Netapp filer a
toaster (which is what Netapp does to show how simple their storage
systems are) let me know and I will stop calling it a toaster, though
it's a lot of fun to toast things on it ;-)