[Gluster-users] Adding a new storage brick to cluster/afr

Krishna Srinivas krishna at zresearch.com
Tue Sep 16 12:40:50 UTC 2008

Hi Rob,

Before adding the new server to the spec file do this:
(if you are using the latest source)
set trusted.glusterfs.version to "1" for the directories.
set trusted.glusterfs.afr.<newvolname> to 1 for the files.

You would probably write a script to do that recursively.

Next you can add the new vol to the spec file and remount
the FS and execute a script to open all the files in the FS
and see if it selfheals. Let us know if this procedure does
not work.

Thanks
Krishna