[Gluster-users] My ignorance and Fuse (or glusterfs)

Ilan Berci Ilan.Berci at shoutresearch.com
Thu Nov 20 18:51:49 UTC 2008

I have a very simple test setup of 2 servers each working as a glusterfs-server and glusterfs-client to the other in an afr capacity.

The gluster-c and gluster-s both start up with no errors and are handshaking properly..

One one server, I get the expected behaviour:  I touch a file in the export dir and it magically appears in the others  mount point.  On the other server however, the file doesn't move from the export directory to the mount point (and therefore doesn't travel to the other client's mount point) and I don't have the foggiest idea why..

The client server files are mere duplicates of each other (except for host names and volume names) ..

Not including log files as there are NO errors in any of them, (I get a warning about the handshaking on the first line and then beautifull peace)  (Both client and server logs produce identical results on both machines)

Here are my versions on both machines
Debian  4.0r5
glusterfs-client  1.3.8-0pre2
libc6  2.3.6.dsl-13etch7
libglusterfs0 1.3.8-0pre2
libibverbs 1.0.4-1
fuse-utils 2.7.2-glfs8-0
libfuse-dev 2.7.2-glfs8-0
libfuse2 2.7.2-glfs8-0

Any ideas as to where I should start looking?  I am so close now I can just taste it.. :)

Both the user FAQ and technical FAQ don't seem to mention anything even remotely related to this so I am starting to think that this has to be incredibly simple and I am missing the obvious.. (kind of like yesterday.. )

=====================  client ws1 vol ========================
volume home1
  type storage/posix
  option directory /var/glusterfs/export