[Gluster-users] Can't get gluster running on 64bit Suse 10.1 system

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Tue Jun 24 22:30:21 UTC 2008

Its mostly the PATH issue.

try adding '/usr/local/lib' in /etc/ld.so.conf, and run ldconfig. It should
work fine. (make sure you build GlusterFS again with proper libfuse.so,
which should be detected after running ldconfig).

Or you can choose to give 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib' (or is it
'-L/usr/local/lib64') for make.

Regards,
Amar

2008/6/24 Andrew Burkett <burkett.andrew at gmail.com>:

> I'm trying to get gluster going on the system mentioned in the title and
> I'm have two issues.  The fuse mod compiles and installs just fine, or so it
> says.  But when I run configure for glusterfs the summary at the end says
> that its not configuring for FUSE client support.  Both the stock kernel
> fuse and the modded one are on the computer, but its not recognizing them.
>
> Also ignoring the client capabilities, when I run the glusterfsd to set up
> a server, I get the following message with nothing being dumped into the log
> file even will DEBUG loglevel set:
> "error while loading shared libraries: libglusterfs.so.0 cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory"
>
> My guess is both of the issues are related to gluster looking in the wrong
> place for the files.  Is there any flag that I can use for configure or make
> that can fix this issue?
>
> I'm using the commands shown in the installation tutorial, which worked for
> a 32 bit Suse 10.1 system, so its probably somehow related to the system
> being 64 bit.
>
> Thank you for any help

Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker