[Gluster-users] Permissions Problem?

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Wed Jul 23 06:52:18 UTC 2008

Can you give us more details?

* Version of GlusterFS/ Fuse used?
* OS (Generally most of the case it will be GNU/Linux, but GlusterFS now
works fine on Darwin(MacOSX), BSD, Solaris)
* Translators used?

By the behavior, its not desired and is surely a serious issue. Also let us
know what operations you did to get this behavior? (like, cp -a, or you
exported already existing system, and it became like that?)

Regards,
Amar

2008/7/22 Michael Messig <michael.messig at sitepoint.com>:

> Hi,
>
> We are using gluster on two servers to have a high availability file
> server solution. It works great but we have a weird permissions problem
> happening that I hope someone has solved before! Every now and then the
> mountpoint (lets say /mnt/data) goes from this:
>
> mnt]# ls -la
> drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 May 22 15:05 .
> drwxr-xr-x 25 root root 4096 Jun 20 15:48 ..
> drw-r-xr-x  5 root root 4096 Jul 22 11:28 data
>
> to this:
>
> mnt]# ls -la
> drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 May 22 15:05 .
> drwxr-xr-x 25 root root 4096 Jun 20 15:48 ..
> drw-rw-r--  5 root root 4096 Jul 22 11:28 data
>
> The gluster log files don't show any errors coinciding with when this
> takes place. I've forced particular permissions in  fstab (having
> initially thought it was a mount/remount issue to no avail):
>
> /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol  /mnt/data  glusterfs  mode=755  0  0
>
> Having the execute permission removed on this directory (as you can
> imagine) really messes up listing the contents of the directory by any
> user other than root... Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker