[Gluster-users] Configuration advice request

Raghavendra G raghavendra.hg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 03:21:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

The configuration looks fine with proper IP addresses substituted for
REMOTE_IP. If you face any problems, kindly report to us.

regards,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 2:01 AM, Keith Freedman <freedman at freeformit.com>
wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> I need some configuration advice. I'm running 1.3.10.
>
> I *think* I'm doing things right but when I was running 1.3.8 there
> were occasional times when it hangs and I have to restart gluster,
> kill things that are on the mount, and remount it.
>
> so it's possible it was just 1.3.8 bugs, but I'm not sure I've got
> things in the right order to address posix locks,etc...
>
> There are 2 servers AFR'ing each other.  so both configs are the same:
> volume home1
>   type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
>   option directory /gluster/home        # Export this directory
> end-volume
>
> volume posix-locks-home1
>   type features/posix-locks
> #  option mandatory on
>   subvolumes home1
> end-volume
>
> volume home2
>   type protocol/client                   # POSIX FS translator
>   option transport-type tcp/client
>   option remote-host REMOTE_IP      # IP address of remote host
>   option remote-subvolume posix-locks-home1     # use home1 on
> remote host (with locking)
> end-volume
>
> volume home
>   type cluster/afr
>   option read-subvolume posix-locks-home1
>   subvolumes posix-locks-home1 home2
> end-volume
>
> volume threads1
>   type performance/io-threads
>   option thread-count 8
>   option cache-size 32MB
>   subvolumes home
> end-volume
>
> volume server
>   type protocol/server
>   option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
>   subvolumes home home1 posix-locks-home1
>   option auth.ip.posix-locks-home1.allow REMOTE_IP,127.0.0.1 # Allow
> access to "home1" volume
>   option auth.ip.home1.allow REMOTE_IP,127.0.0.1 # Allow access to
> "home1" volume
>   option auth.ip.home.allow REMOTE_IP,127.0.0.1 # Allow access to "afr"
> volume
> end-volume

Raghavendra G

A centipede was happy quite, until a toad in fun,
Said, "Prey, which leg comes after which?",
This raised his doubts to such a pitch,
He fell flat into the ditch,
Not knowing how to run.
-Anonymous