[Gluster-users] Configuration advice request

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Mon Jul 21 22:01:51 UTC 2008

Hi, All,

I need some configuration advice. I'm running 1.3.10.

I *think* I'm doing things right but when I was running 1.3.8 there
were occasional times when it hangs and I have to restart gluster,
kill things that are on the mount, and remount it.

so it's possible it was just 1.3.8 bugs, but I'm not sure I've got
things in the right order to address posix locks,etc...

There are 2 servers AFR'ing each other.  so both configs are the same:
volume home1
   type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
   option directory /gluster/home        # Export this directory
end-volume

volume posix-locks-home1
   type features/posix-locks
#  option mandatory on
   subvolumes home1
end-volume

volume home2
   type protocol/client                   # POSIX FS translator
   option transport-type tcp/client
   option remote-host REMOTE_IP      # IP address of remote host
   option remote-subvolume posix-locks-home1     # use home1 on
remote host (with locking)
end-volume

volume home
   type cluster/afr
   option read-subvolume posix-locks-home1
   subvolumes posix-locks-home1 home2
end-volume

volume threads1
   type performance/io-threads
   option thread-count 8
   option cache-size 32MB
   subvolumes home
end-volume

volume server
   type protocol/server
   option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
   subvolumes home home1 posix-locks-home1
   option auth.ip.posix-locks-home1.allow REMOTE_IP,127.0.0.1 # Allow
access to "home1" volume
   option auth.ip.home1.allow REMOTE_IP,127.0.0.1 # Allow access to
"home1" volume
   option auth.ip.home.allow REMOTE_IP,127.0.0.1 # Allow access to "afr" volume
end-volume