[Gluster-users] config question AFR migrate to UNIFY over AFR

Raghavendra G raghavendra.hg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 11:02:15 UTC 2008

Hi Deian,
Please find the comments inlined.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Deian Chepishev <dchepishev at nexbrod.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have currently 2 bricks which are with AFR config.
>
> My plans are when I fill the available space, to add 2 new bricks which
> are in AFR too.
>
> My question is: is it possible to migrate from my current setup 2 bricks
> AFR to UNIFY over AFR by adding another 2 AFR bricks, without loosing data?

If the new afr you are adding is empty (it does not contain any data), you
can do so. Other wise you've to confirm that a file is present in exactly on
one afr node.

> Some clarifications, the setup is not yet in production. If I can do
> something which will make things easier later, I can do it now. I am
> able to start from scratch, but later I will not be ;).
>
> The other question that pops up is: Is glusterfs able to handle the
> situation when one of the AFR volumes in the UNIFY setup is full and the
> other is not ?

Yes. Unify schedulers have configuration options, where in you can configure
the parameters like minimum available space for a file to be created on an
unify child.

> Regards,
> Deian

Raghavendra G

A centipede was happy quite, until a toad in fun,
Said, "Prey, which leg comes after which?",
This raised his doubts to such a pitch,
He fell flat into the ditch,
Not knowing how to run.
-Anonymous