[Gluster-users] config question AFR migrate to UNIFY over AFR

Deian Chepishev dchepishev at nexbrod.com
Wed Jul 2 09:19:25 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have currently 2 bricks which are with AFR config.

My plans are when I fill the available space, to add 2 new bricks which
are in AFR too.

My question is: is it possible to migrate from my current setup 2 bricks
AFR to UNIFY over AFR by adding another 2 AFR bricks, without loosing data?

Some clarifications, the setup is not yet in production. If I can do
something which will make things easier later, I can do it now. I am
able to start from scratch, but later I will not be ;).

The other question that pops up is: Is glusterfs able to handle the
situation when one of the AFR volumes in the UNIFY setup is full and the
other is not ?

Regards,
Deian