[Gluster-infra] New repository glusterweb created in github

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 13:41:01 UTC 2015

On 04/14/2015 06:43 PM, Soumya Deb wrote:
> I think we needed to set ourselves to what we intend to do there.
> Else it may end up being another playground/experiment.
>
> (for e.g. https://github.com/GlusterFS/glusterfs.github.io, available
> as http://glusterfs.github.io/ - an effort by skynet, on old gh-org).
>
> For what I understand, there already happens to be 2+ separate repos
> for that same matter - not clear to me why are we starting another,
> or what all are the action items on this one, and what happens to
> the other repos going forward (especially, what goes live for 3.7?).
>
> Thoughts?

We own only github.com/gluster. Not sure who skynet IRL is and what
their intention in owning github.com/GlusterFS is about.

In my mind, this is the model that I have.

1. Move the forge site repo to gluster on github.

2. Deprecate/Nuke forge after the import.

3. Use the github repo for ongoing site maintenance.

Does this make sense?

Regards,
Vijay