[Gluster-infra] rightsizing the VM on rackspace

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Mon Sep 15 10:44:10 UTC 2014

On 15/09/2014, at 11:28 AM, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looking on the rackspace interface, I wonder if there is some possible
> improvements regarding the size of VM.
>
> As Justin said, we seems to have some rather old ones ( because marked
> as "first generation" in the interface ) :
>
> download.gluster.org, seems to have 4G of ram, a bit too much for just a
> download server IMHO. But it seems to still be used.
>

> 184.106.211.190 is listed gluster-mirror2 , with Debian installed.
> Debian 5, who is EOL since 2 years. It run a postfix and httpd server.
> I suspect this one can be dropped.
>
> Same go for 184.106.200.248, debian, likely not used.
>

> I also stumbled on a few things:
>
> - gluster-swift2 / 166.78.114.188 seems to be running fedora 18, who is
> EOL.
>
> - 23.253.208.174 , gluster-sonar, running ubuntu 13.10. EOL since 17
> july ( https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases ). Better update to 14.04.
>
> I do not have access to any of those to look in more details.

gluster-swift2 is probably Luis Pabon's, gluster-sonar is Louis
Zuckermans.

Avati/Vijay/Eco/Johnmark may know about the old debian boxes.  If they
don't get back to us, lets just make sure we have a backup and then
shut them down.  See what happens? ;)

This page on the Wiki lists the VM's used for our Jenkins Infrastructure,
so is probably useful to know about too:

  http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Jenkins_Infrastructure