[Gluster-infra] rightsizing the VM on rackspace

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 11:10:52 UTC 2014

Le lundi 15 septembre 2014 à 12:28 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> looking on the rackspace interface, I wonder if there is some possible
> improvements regarding the size of VM.
>
> As Justin said, we seems to have some rather old ones ( because marked
> as "first generation" in the interface ) :
>
> download.gluster.org, seems to have 4G of ram, a bit too much for just a
> download server IMHO. But it seems to still be used.
>

> 184.106.211.190 is listed gluster-mirror2 , with Debian installed.
> Debian 5, who is EOL since 2 years. It run a postfix and httpd server.
> I suspect this one can be dropped.
>
> Same go for 184.106.200.248, debian, likely not used.

So, full of hope today, I use "change password" on the rackspace
interface. Turn out this reboot the server...

So I have access on 184.106.200.248 and it run:
- mailman
- mysql
- httpd
- postfix
- a irc bot

A quick look in the home show a few websites ( why in /home/, no idea ),
a few lists. Mysql seems to have a few db, like joomla, xwiki,
marketingdb, etc.

Asking to sampath, who was the admin before, he told the server can be
removed. I propose therefor to make a backup of them, in case of, and
then remove them next week. Anyone against ?

Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin