[Gluster-infra] rightsizing the VM on rackspace

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 10:28:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

looking on the rackspace interface, I wonder if there is some possible
improvements regarding the size of VM.

As Justin said, we seems to have some rather old ones ( because marked
as "first generation" in the interface ) :

download.gluster.org, seems to have 4G of ram, a bit too much for just a
download server IMHO. But it seems to still be used.

184.106.211.190 is listed gluster-mirror2 , with Debian installed.
Debian 5, who is EOL since 2 years. It run a postfix and httpd server.
I suspect this one can be dropped.

Same go for 184.106.200.248, debian, likely not used.

I also stumbled on a few things:

- gluster-swift2 / 166.78.114.188 seems to be running fedora 18, who is
EOL.

- 23.253.208.174 , gluster-sonar, running ubuntu 13.10. EOL since 17
july ( https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases ). Better update to 14.04.

I do not have access to any of those to look in more details.

Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin