[Gluster-devel] Gluster Maintainer's meeting: 7th Jan, 2019 - Meeting minutes

Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan atumball at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 03:05:19 UTC 2019

Meeting date: 2019-01-07 18:30 IST, 13:00 UTC, 08:00 EDT
<https://hackmd.io/yTC-un5XT6KUB9V37LG6OQ?both#BJ-Link>BJ Link

   - Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/217609845
   - Watch: https://bluejeans.com/s/sGFpa

<https://hackmd.io/yTC-un5XT6KUB9V37LG6OQ?both#Attendance>Attendance
<https://hackmd.io/yTC-un5XT6KUB9V37LG6OQ?both#Agenda>Agenda

   -

   Welcome 2019: New goals / Discuss:
   - https://hackmd.io/OiQId65pStuBa_BPPazcmA
      - Give it a week and take it to mailing list, discuss and agree upon
      - [Nigel] Some of the above points are threads of its own. May need
      separate thread.
   -

   Progress with GCS
   -

      Email about GCS in community.
      -

      RWX:
      - Scale testing showing GD2 can scale to 1000s of PVs (each is a
         gluster volume)
         - Bricks with LVM
         - Some delete issues seen, specially with LV command scale. Patch
         sent.
         - Create rate: 500 PVs / 12mins
         - More details by end of the week, including delete numbers.
      -

      RWO:
      - new CSI for gluster-block showing good scale numbers, which is
         reaching higher than current 1k RWO PV per cluster, but need
to iron out
         few things. (https://github.com/gluster/gluster-csi-driver/pull/105
         )
         - 280 pods in 3 hosts, 1-1 Pod->PV ratio: leaner graph.
         - 1080 PVs with 1-12 ratio on 3 machines
         - Working on 3000+ PVC on just 3 hosts, will update by another 2
         days.
         - Poornima is coming up with steps and details about the
         PR/version used etc.
      -

   Static Analyzers:
   - glusterfs:
         - Coverity - 63 open
         - https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs?tab=overview
         - clang-scan - 32 open
         -
         https://build.gluster.org/job/clang-scan/lastCompletedBuild/clangScanBuildBugs/
      - gluster-block:
         -
         https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-gluster-block?tab=overview
         - coverity: 1 open (66 last week)
      -

   GlusterFS-6:
   - Any priority review needed?
         - Fencing patches
         - Reducing threads (GH Issue: 475)
         - glfs-api statx patches [merged]
      - What are the critical areas need focus?
         - Asan Build ? Currently not green
         - Some java errors, machine offline. Need to look into this.
      - How to make glusto automated tests become blocker for the release?
      - Upgrade tests, need to start early.
      - Schedule as called out in the mail
      <https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-December/055721.html>
      NOTE: Working backwards on the schedule, here’s what we have:
         - Announcement: Week of Mar 4th, 2019
         - GA tagging: Mar-01-2019
         - RC1: On demand before GA
         - RC0: Feb-04-2019
         - Late features cut-off: Week of Jan-21st, 2018
         - Branching (feature cutoff date): Jan-14-2018 (~45 days prior to
         branching)
         - Feature/scope proposal for the release (end date): Dec-12-2018
      -

   Round Table?
   - [Sunny] Meetup in BLR this weekend. Please do come (at least those who
      are in BLR)
      - [Susant] Softserve has 4hrs timeout, which can’t get full
      regression cycle. Can we get at least 2 more hours added, so full
      regression can be run.

-------

--
Amar Tumballi (amarts)