[Gluster-devel] Release 6: Kick off!

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 14:34:55 UTC 2018

On 11/6/18 11:34 AM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> ## Schedule

We have decided to postpone release-6 by a month, to accommodate for
late enhancements and the drive towards getting what is required for the
GCS project [1] done in core glusterfs.

This puts the (modified) schedule for Release-6 as below,

Working backwards on the schedule, here's what we have:
- Announcement: Week of Mar 4th, 2019
- GA tagging: Mar-01-2019
- RC1: On demand before GA
- RC0: Feb-04-2019
- Late features cut-off: Week of Jan-21st, 2018
- Branching (feature cutoff date): Jan-14-2018
  (~45 days prior to branching)
- Feature/scope proposal for the release (end date): *Dec-12-2018*

So the first date is the feature/scope proposal end date, which is next
week, please send in enhancements that you are working on that will meet
the above schedule, for us to track and ensure they get in on time better.

> ## Volunteers
> This is my usual call for volunteers to run the release with me or
> otherwise, but please do consider. We need more hands this time, and
> possibly some time sharing during the end of the year owing to the holidays.

Also, taking this opportunity to call for volunteers to run the release
again. Anyone interested please do respond.

Thanks,
Shyam