[Gluster-devel] Removal of use-compound-fops option in afr

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 03:49:47 UTC 2018

Pranith,

>       We found that compound fops is not giving better performance in
> replicate and I am thinking of removing that code. Sent the patch at
> https://review.gluster.org/19655

If I understand it right, as of now AFR is the only component which uses
Compound FOP. If it stops using that code, should we maintain the compound
fop codebase at all in other places, like protocol, volgen (decompounder
etc?)

Because, if AFR as a module decides compound fop is not useful, and other
method is better, it is completely a decision of AFR maintainers. I don't
see a concern there.

Only if it had an option and if people are using it, then warning them
upfront about this change is better.

Regards,
Amar