[Gluster-devel] Fwd: Clang-format: Update

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 11:50:42 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 04:52:24PM +0530, Nigel Babu wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> A while ago we talked about using clang-format for our codebase[1]. We
> started doing several pieces of this work asynchronously. Here's an update
> on the current state of affairs:
>
> * Team agrees on a style and a config file representing the style.
> This has been happening asynchronously on Github[2]. Amar, Xavi, and Jeff
> -- Can we close out this discussion and have a config file in 2 weeks? If
> anyone feels strongly about coding style, please participate in the
> discussion now.
>
> * Commit the coding style guide to codebase and make changes in rfc.sh to
> use it.
> Waiting on 1. I can do this once we have the discussion finalized.
>
> * gluster-ant commits a single large patch for whole codebase with a
> standard clang-format style.
> This is waiting on the first two steps and should be trivial to accomplish.
> I have access to the gluster-ant account and I can make the necessary
> changes.

Can this be done as one of the last patches before branching the next
release? A large change like this may make backporting to the maintained
3.12 and 4.1 branches more annoying. If it gets changed with a single
large patch, there is little need to push it through in the middle of a
release IMHO.

Thanks,
Niels