[Gluster-devel] mem-pool: New macro GF_CALLOC2/GF_MALLOC2 supports assign release function

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Aug 30 10:38:43 UTC 2017

Hi Kinglong,

You have two patches under review for which I would like to know your
plans:

 - mem-pool: New macro GF_CALLOC2/GF_MALLOC2 supports assign release function
 https://review.gluster.org/18092

 - mem-pool: always record mem_header for memory allocated by GF_XALLOC
 https://review.gluster.org/18056

As discussed in the review comments, it would be better to move this
functionality to api/src/... files. The allocations done by gfapi can
then add their own (minimal) memory header, that have a pointer to a
destructor/release function. Not having this in the 'struct mem_header'
has its benefits.

Do you plan to continue updating this change, or shall I send a new
version of the patch(es) so that you can review them?

Thanks,
Niels