[Gluster-devel] Restricting add-brick when volume is stopped.

Anuradha Talur atalur at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 07:27:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

AFR has a requirement that when replica count is changed while adding bricks to a volume, e.g., converting a replica 2 to replica 3, afr pending xattrs are marked to indicate this change. (To prevent potential data-loss)

This is possible only when the volume is not stopped, which is a deviation from the present behaviour that allows add-brick even when the volume is stopped. I sent a patch : http://review.gluster.org/#/c/12451/ , if this change is included, only such add-brick operations that change replica count will be forbidden when the volume is stopped. I would like to know if there are any objections to this.

--
Thanks,
Anuradha.