[Gluster-devel] static analysis updated

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 17:56:27 UTC 2016

On 12/19/2016 12:49 PM, Nigel Babu wrote:
> Thank you Kaleb. Shall we start somwhere in terms of automation?
>
> The cppcheck results look the shortest[1]. If we can commit to fixing all of
> them in the next 1 month, I can kick off a non-voting smoke job. We'll make it
> vote after 1 month. I guess the cli and experimental xlator (and a few more
> xlators, please check log) owners need to confirm that this is something we can
> target to fix. And commit to keeping fixed.

Hi,

It would be great to fix those, but——

IIRC we discussed a two compile before-and-after test, i.e. compile the
tree before and after applying the patch. If the second compile has more
(or different) warnings than the first, then the test scores a fail.

If we do that we don't have to wait (as long) to make it a voting test.

Once we have a voting test, then maintainers have not choice but to keep
things fixed. ;-)

--

Kaleb