[Gluster-devel] GlusterD 2.0 status updates

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Mon Sep 7 16:08:55 UTC 2015

> Agree here. I think we can use Go as the other non-C language for
> components like glusterd, geo-replication etc. and retire the python
> implementation of gsyncd that exists in 3.x over time.

That sounds like a pretty major effort.  Are you suggesting that it
(or even part of it) should be part of 4.0?

> python will still be present as part of our distaf test infrastructure.
> We can possibly port our bash test scripts to python and retire the
> usage of BASH with Gluster.next releases.

Getting rid of bash scripts sounds great, but we're talking about 420
scripts - many of them quite opaque and thus tedious to port to
another language/framework.  I suspect that some of these tests will
linger in their current form for quite some time to come.