[Gluster-devel] Moratorium on new patch acceptance

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri May 22 18:15:02 UTC 2015

On 05/21/2015 12:07 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On 05/19/2015 11:56 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:

>>> We have made some progress since Saturday. The problem with glupy.t has
>>> been fixed - thanks to Niels! All but following tests have developers
>>> looking into them:
>>>
>>>      ./tests/basic/afr/entry-self-heal.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/bugs/replicate/bug-976800.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/bugs/replicate/bug-1015990.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/bugs/quota/bug-1038598.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/basic/ec/quota.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/basic/quota-nfs.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/bugs/glusterd/bug-974007.t
>>>
>>> Can submitters of these test cases or current feature owners pick these
>>> up and start looking into the failures please? Do update the spurious
>>> failures etherpad [1] once you pick up a particular test.
>>>

>>> [1] https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-spurious-failures
>>

>> Update for today - all tests that are known to fail have owners. Thanks
>> everyone for chipping in! I think we should be able to lift this
>> moratorium and resume normal patch acceptance shortly.
>>

> Today's update - Pranith fixed a bunch of failures in erasure coding and
> Avra removed a test that was not relevant anymore - thanks for that!
>
> Quota, afr, snapshot & tiering tests are being looked into. Will provide
> an update on where we are with these tomorrow.

A few tests have not been readily reproducible. Of the remaining tests,
all but the following have either been root caused or we have patches in
review:

     ./tests/basic/mount-nfs-auth.t
     ./tests/performance/open-behind.t
     ./tests/basic/ec/ec-5-2.t
     ./tests/basic/quota-nfs.t

With some reviews and investigations of failing tests happening over the
weekend, I am optimistic about being able to accept patches as usual
from early next week.

Thanks,
Vijay