[Gluster-devel] Moratorium on new patch acceptance

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Wed May 20 19:12:03 UTC 2015

On 05/21/2015 12:07 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On 05/19/2015 11:56 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:

>>> We have made some progress since Saturday. The problem with glupy.t has
>>> been fixed - thanks to Niels! All but following tests have developers
>>> looking into them:
>>>
>>>      ./tests/basic/afr/entry-self-heal.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/bugs/replicate/bug-976800.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/bugs/replicate/bug-1015990.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/bugs/quota/bug-1038598.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/basic/ec/quota.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/basic/quota-nfs.t
>>>
>>>      ./tests/bugs/glusterd/bug-974007.t
>>>
>>> Can submitters of these test cases or current feature owners pick these
>>> up and start looking into the failures please? Do update the spurious
>>> failures etherpad [1] once you pick up a particular test.
>>>

>>> [1] https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-spurious-failures
>>

>> Update for today - all tests that are known to fail have owners. Thanks
>> everyone for chipping in! I think we should be able to lift this
>> moratorium and resume normal patch acceptance shortly.
>>

> Today's update - Pranith fixed a bunch of failures in erasure coding
> and Avra removed a test that was not relevant anymore - thanks for that!
Xavi and I both sent a patch each for fixing these. But..
I ran the regression 4 times and it succeeded 3 times and failed once on
xml.t before merging, I thought these were the last fixes for this
problem. Ashish found a way to recreate these same EIO errors so all is
not well yet. Xavi is sending one more patch tomorrow which addresses
that problem as well. While testing another patch on master I found that
there is use after free issue in ec :-(. I am not able to send the fix
for it because gerrit ran out of space?

Compressing objects: 100% (9/9), done.
Writing objects: 100% (9/9), 1.10 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 9 (delta 7), reused 0 (delta 0)
fatal: Unpack error, check server log
error: unpack failed: error No space left on device <<------

PS: Since valgrind is giving so much pain, I used Address sanitizer for
debugging this mem-corruption. It is amazing! I followed
http://tsdgeos.blogspot.in/2014/03/asan-and-gcc-how-to-get-line-numbers-in.html
for getting the backtrace with line-numbers. It doesn't generate core
with gcc-4.8 though (I had to use -N flag for starting mount process to
get the output on stderr). I think in future versions of gcc we don't
need to do all this. I will try and post my experience once I upgrade to
fedora22 which has gcc5.

Pranith