[Gluster-devel] Updated plan for 3.7.0

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Sat May 9 18:41:49 UTC 2015

On 05/09/2015 12:45 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks to all our efforts, we are inching closer towards 3.7.0. Here is
> the updated release schedule for 3.7.0:
>
> 1. Patch merge deadline and beta2 tagging - 1600 UTC 05/09
>
> 2. Final test window starts at 1600 UTC 05/09

Update: We are pushing out patch merge deadline and start of final test
window to 0630 UTC on 05/10.

A few backports which are good to be in 3.7.0 landed late and we faced
issues with failing regression tests. Hence the postponement.

We have gone ahead and marked all known regression failures as bad
tests. So a failure from one of these tests will not affect regression
runs anymore and this should help us in merging code faster. These tests
are the ones that would need to be picked up by us asap and fixed so as
to unblock merging of other patches in the affected components.

This is the final deadline extension for 3.7.0 and anything beyond 0630
UTC on 05/10 will be part of 3.7.1.

Thanks,
Vijay