[Gluster-devel] Regarding Scheduler Translator

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Fri Mar 27 13:45:39 UTC 2015

On 27 Mar 2015, at 13:33, Shyam Deshmukh <shyamdeshmukh212 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, First of all Thank you sir.
> I am working on ME/Mtech research project "Load Balancing for distributed file system"
> I have done literature survey. My guide  an me are proposing one distributed load balancing mechanism for DFS. I was searching best DFS platform to run my algorithm.Fortunately I found it as Glusterfs.I tried to deploy GFS in our LAB. I created some distributed replicated volume and stored some files on it. Our college is approved me to go ahead. As it has something called translator so that we can extend existing architecture. I was looking for the same translator whether it exists or not. I found that scheduler but didn't get source code. Thats why posted that question.

That makes sense. :)

Looking here, I can't see it either:

  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/tree/release-3.5/xlators

(Note - I'm not a GlusterFS coder, I work on other bits :>)

I suspect the page you're looking at on the wiki is old and
needs updating. :/

Pranith does the "Scheduler" translator exist still - as described
on the wiki?  Is there a better place for Shyam to read up on
the current translators?

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift