[Gluster-devel] 3.7.0 update

Raghavendra G raghavendra at gluster.com
Tue Apr 14 06:58:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:43 PM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:

> Here is a quick status update on 3.7.0 branching.
>
> On 04/07/2015 03:51 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am planning to branch release-3.7 by the end of this week. Here is a
>> list of tasks that we would need to accomplish by then:
>>

> We have not yet branched release-3.7. I intend doing that tomorrow after
> we hear back from maintainers.
>
>  1. Review and merge as many fixes for coverity found issues. [1]
>>

> We made good progress here. Still a few more to be covered but can be
> taken up post branching.
>

>> 2. Review and merge as many logging improvement patches. [2]
>>

> Lot of ground to cover here. The patches are quite large for reviewing,
> intend to not hold branching due to this.
>

>> 3. Spurious regression tests listed in [3] to be fixed.
>>    To not impede the review & merge workflow on release-3.7/master, I
>> plan to drop those test units which still cause
>>    spurious failures by the time we branch release-3.7.
>>

> As discussed previously on this thread, pushing this out as a release
> blocker.
>

>> 4. Maintainers to ACK sanity of their respective components.
>>

> Haven't heard any feedback here. Maintainers - can you please chime in
> with ACK/NACK here for your components?

Quota
=====

There is an issue where removing any of the size-limit, dir-limit,
file-limit would remove other limits too. Sachin/Vijay mallikarjuna will be
working on this. Patch can be taken post branching but before release.

DHT
====
Patches review pending:

http://review.gluster.org/9657
http://review.gluster.org/10146
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/8912/
http://review.gluster.org/10212
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/7702/

I doubt any of these will be merged by tomorrow. So, can review and merging
be targeted post branching but before release?

rpc/protocol: No patches in my incoming review requests. So, I assume its
good to go.

> Thanks,
> Vijay
>

>> [1]