[Gluster-devel] 3.7.0 update

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 17:13:01 UTC 2015

Here is a quick status update on 3.7.0 branching.

On 04/07/2015 03:51 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am planning to branch release-3.7 by the end of this week. Here is a
> list of tasks that we would need to accomplish by then:

We have not yet branched release-3.7. I intend doing that tomorrow after
we hear back from maintainers.

> 1. Review and merge as many fixes for coverity found issues. [1]

We made good progress here. Still a few more to be covered but can be
taken up post branching.

> 2. Review and merge as many logging improvement patches. [2]

Lot of ground to cover here. The patches are quite large for reviewing,
intend to not hold branching due to this.

> 3. Spurious regression tests listed in [3] to be fixed.
>    To not impede the review & merge workflow on release-3.7/master, I
> plan to drop those test units which still cause
>    spurious failures by the time we branch release-3.7.

As discussed previously on this thread, pushing this out as a release
blocker.

> 4. Maintainers to ACK sanity of their respective components.

Haven't heard any feedback here. Maintainers - can you please chime in
with ACK/NACK here for your components?

Thanks,
Vijay