[Gluster-devel] 3.7.0 update

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 7 19:40:50 UTC 2015

> On a similar note, it seems like bug 1195415 is among the leading
> causes of regression failures now.  This manifests not as failures
> in run-tests.sh but as core files found afterward.  There's little
> to be gained by setting V-1 for an unrelated bug we already know
> about.  Perhaps we should modify the Jenkins regression scriptlet
> so that it collects those cores *silently* until we find and fix
> that bug (which I'll be working on shortly BTW).

I've submitted http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10157/ as another
alternative.  Here's the commit message:

= This started as a way to identify which test created new core files,
= since that's a critical piece of debugging information that's missing
= when we only check for cores at the end of a run.  It also exits
= *immediately* either on bad status or discovery of a new core file.
= This allows the run to be retried or aborted quickly, to reduce the
= latency of all jobs in the regression-test pipeline.

Reviews would be most welcome.  We're currently setting a record for
the lowest regression-test success rate ever.  Let's get that
pipeline moving again.