[Gluster-devel] Something wrong with release-3.6 branch

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 17:19:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Justin Clift <justin at gluster.org> wrote:

> Hi Vijay,
>
> There's "something" wrong with the release-3.6 branch. ;)
>
> Several of the Rackspace regression VM's have been somehow
> killed over the last few hours, and needing to be rebuilt.
>
> Not sure exactly what's being done to them, as they stop
> responding to ssh, and the best I can do is get them into
> rescue mode... where nothing is obviously showing up as
> being wrong. (but they're still useless when booted
> normally)
>
> Anyway, I'm suspecting there's something in the release-3.6
> branch that's causing it.

We were affected by a bug in gerrit [1] which caused inconsistencies in the
release-3.6 branch of the git repository backing our gerrit instance. I
have attempted resolving the inconsistencies and I believe we are in a sane
state as far as release-3.6 is concerned.

I will resume merging patches on release-3.6 from tomorrow if we don't
notice any further anomalies.

Thanks,
Vijay

[1] http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2094