[Gluster-devel] Something wrong with release-3.6 branch

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Sep 11 01:16:24 UTC 2014

On 10/09/2014, at 6:19 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
<snip>
> We were affected by a bug in gerrit [1] which caused inconsistencies in the release-3.6 branch of the git repository backing our gerrit instance. I have attempted resolving the inconsistencies and I believe we are in a sane state as far as release-3.6 is concerned.
>
> I will resume merging patches on release-3.6 from tomorrow if we don't notice any further anomalies.

Thanks Vijay, the release-3.6 branch seems like it's ok again. :)

Thinking over this problem of Gerrit silently not merging things
correctly, it's extremely serious.

Do you know if Gerrit generates some detectable sign, when it
fails to merge CR's correctly?  Maybe an error message in a log
somewhere... ?

If there's a good way to check for the problem (scan a log
file?), then lets put a cronjob in place to check every hour.

That way we can be proactively emailed when the problem happens,
so it's no longer silent (and deadly).

Thoughts? :)

+ Justin

--