[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs the same file but data size is different between server and client

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Thu Sep 4 02:12:04 UTC 2014

I'm going to reiterate to make sure I understand correctly.

You created a replica 2 volume. Mounted the new volume on a client.
Copied a directory to the client mountpoint using cp -a (I assume).

Then, on the two bricks, you checked a du -sh for that directory.

If all that is correct, then I'm not really sure. Try a du
--apparent-size -sh. Perhaps your two filesystems have different block
sizes causing files that are smaller than a block to use more disk space
on one than the other?

Perhaps compare sha1sum between the two and see if there are
differences. There shouldn't be.