[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs the same file but data size is different between server and client

justglusterfs at gmail.com justglusterfs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 02:01:19 UTC 2014

Hi,I create a glusterfs  replica volume (replica count is 2 ), and  mount the volume in client,  then  I  copy a dir <linux-kernel>,  when finish copy,
I  use du command check the dir <linux-kernel> size,  I find the  linux-kernel size  is different between server and client,

As follows:

check  server  result:
        [root at test-gluster004 vol-replica]# du  -sh  linux-kernel
           4.3G              linux-kernel/

check  client  result:
        [root at test-gluster003 share]# du  -sh  linux-kernel
           2.9G              linux-kernel

 it is observed that same file but data size is different between server and client,  why??
                                                                                                                                            thanks !

justglusterfs at gmail.com