[Gluster-devel] How do (sub)maintainers watch out for available patches to review/merge?

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 13:42:21 UTC 2014

On 10/28/2014 07:01 PM, Shyamsundar Ranganathan wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> 1) One of the ways to get this done would be to _somehow_ have a query that lists patches where the maintainers component files are touched. This would catch all changes pertaining to the component.
>
> 2) Other than this, there could be some repercussion to a component due to other commits, in this case I would expect the component owner, of the seemingly unrelated commit as per (1), to flag other maintainers for a review.
>
> I am not sure how to do (1) :)

The message keyword in gerrit search might help.

For e.g., to query all patches that have dht as part of their message,
you can use this URL [1].

This works as long as we follow the practice of including the component
being modified in the commit log.

Searching by file: requires an upgrade of our gerrit instance [2].

-Vijay

[1]
http://review.gluster.org/#/q/project:glusterfs+status:open+message:dht,n,z

[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/repo-discuss/VjUQKLCmt5g