[Gluster-devel] Proposal for some RPM packaging changes

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 17:45:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:21:10AM -0500, James wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> > 1. glusterfs-server (glusterd) and glusterfs-geo-replication depend on
> >    each other. It is not possible to install glusterfs-server without
> >    glusterfs-geo-replication, or the other way around.
>
> The only question I would have is why does glusterfs-server, depend on
> geo-replication?

I assumed this was because glusterd links against some library that is
contained in glusterfs-geo-replication. Upon further inspection, this
does not seem to be the case. I think I have confused this packaging
issue with a dependency that is introduced in the Red Hat Storage
version of the packages. I'm currently checking why this was done, and
if merging glusterfs-geo-replication in glusterfs-server is really
needed, or not.

Thanks,
Niels