[Gluster-devel] Questions on dht rebalance

Muralidhar Balcha muralidharb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 04:42:18 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have couple of questions on rebalance functionality
1. When I ran rebalancing command, the gluster daemon that is responsible
for migrating data is terminating itself in the middle of the data
migration. I may be missing something. How do I make the daemon wait until
the data migration is complete.
2. This question may not be related to rebalance adding or removing a brick
from a volume. If I add a new brick to a volume that is in use, how do
existing clients realize the new brick? Is there a notification mechanism
that each client refreshes their client volinfo?

Thanks always for your quick responses.

--
Muralidhar Balcha
508 494 5007