[Gluster-devel] Clean up build system

John Mark Walker johnmark at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 13:31:30 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 09/24/2012 04:56 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > I wanted to offer to be a proxy for these patches,
> > but I am not allowed to push these under your name for review.
> > Maybe
> > someone (Avati?) can offer you the same service, or give me those
> > permissions.
> > (http://review.gluster.org/Documentation/error-you-are-not-author.html)
>
> If Jan can't be convinced to file BZs and get a throw-away gmail
> account
> to submit to gerritt — two easy things to do which I consider an
> indication of how important someone thinks their bugs and fixes are —
> and someone like Niels agrees with the need to fix these bugs and
> wants
> to submit them on Jan's behalf, I don't see why that shouldn't
> happen.
> Credit may be given where credit is due, e.g. by mentioning him in
> the
> commit comments and BZ text. And he should be cc-ed in the BZ too.

+1

I don't think we're making the process too cumbersome, and as was mentioned previously, you don't need to use the web form.

However, I also don't want to see us become slaves to a specific process and tell potential contributors to bugger off because of that. So, if we can find a way to appoint a code sherpa for this, then I think we're good, and if Niels can do that, then great.

As mentioned, the signed-off-by line in the submission is critical for legal protection.

Thanks,
John Mark
Gluster Community Guy