[Gluster-devel] inodes

Amar Tumballi amarts at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 04:51:53 UTC 2011

On 10/29/2011 11:43 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Emmanuel Dreyfus<manu at netbsd.org>  wrote:
>
>> So that means stat inode is afr_itransform'ed but not readdir inode,
>> which is be the opposite of what I said earlier.
>>
>> That beahviour is fixed by making sure readdir and readdirp get the same
>> afr_itransform treatment.
> But doing so means restoring a afr_itransform() that was removed by the
> patch backporting the inode-generated-from-gfid  feature from HEAD. So I
> suspect I do it the wrong way around, and instead of adding
> afr_itransform() to readdirp_cbk(), I should remove it evrywhere it
> remains in afr code, that is from afr_fresh_lookup_cbk() and
> afr_revalidate_lookup_cbk().
>
> What is the goal? Should afr_itransform() be completely killed?

Yes. That is right. Also dht_itransform should go. To achieve that in
release-3.2 branch, below patches should go in.

http://review.gluster.com/632 <-- for replicate itransform removing
http://review.gluster.com/613 <--- for distribute itransform removing.

Sorry for delaying answering it in one shot. most of us were away as it
was a festive season here in India. (and one of my replies was from
mobile device, so couldn't enter all these).

Regards,
Amar