[Pkg-glusterfs-devel] [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.10 Release Announcement

Christian Meder chris at absolutegiganten.org
Fri Jul 18 10:56:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 09:57 +0100, Neil Wilson wrote:
> 2008/7/17 Christian Meder <chris at absolutegiganten.org>:
> > Hi Neil,
> >
> > I cloned your git tree of the glusterfs debian packaging and I am
> > reviewing it right now (I posted the original Debian ITP).
> >
> > I don't want to conflict with your Ubuntu related efforts. What's the
> > best practice for joint Ubuntu/Debian maintainership ?
> >
> > I would have set the maintainer to the alioth project and included you
> > in the uploader group. Are there any better setups ?
> >

> A two pronged approach is best. Take the package and make it a
> 1.3.10-1 release targeted at unstable and see if you can get a Debian
> Developer interested in uploading it via the mentoring system. The
> problem in Debian at the moment is that they are in or approaching
> Lenny FeatureFreeze which is taking all the effort. Have you got a way
> into the archive yet?

Ok, that's the easy part as I'm already a Debian developer. I'll just
upload it to the NEW queue after review ;-)

It'll take some time to get out of the NEW queue but usually not more
than 10 days.

> Since you're alive, I'll merge 430416 into 419924 with your name on
> the top and we'll focus on 419924.

Cool.

> If the package goes into Debian, it will be pulled into Ubuntu at the
> next sync point and override any ubuntu specific installed package. So
> no problem with conflicts.
>
> On the Ubuntu side there needs to be lobbying in the IRC #ubuntu-motu
> channel (politely), asking if anybody is available to review bug
> 246715. If anybody has any contacts with ubuntu developers directly,
> then an email to them would be appreciated.

Sorry, that's the part where I can't help.

Greetings,

			Christian

Christian Meder, email: chris at absolutegiganten.org

The Way-Seeking Mind of a tenzo is actualized
by rolling up your sleeves.

                (Eihei Dogen Zenji)