[Pkg-glusterfs-devel] [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.10 Release Announcement

Neil Wilson neil at aldur.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 08:57:24 UTC 2008

2008/7/17 Christian Meder <chris at absolutegiganten.org>:
> Hi Neil,
>
> I cloned your git tree of the glusterfs debian packaging and I am
> reviewing it right now (I posted the original Debian ITP).
>
> I don't want to conflict with your Ubuntu related efforts. What's the
> best practice for joint Ubuntu/Debian maintainership ?
>
> I would have set the maintainer to the alioth project and included you
> in the uploader group. Are there any better setups ?

A two pronged approach is best. Take the package and make it a
1.3.10-1 release targeted at unstable and see if you can get a Debian
Developer interested in uploading it via the mentoring system. The
problem in Debian at the moment is that they are in or approaching
Lenny FeatureFreeze which is taking all the effort. Have you got a way
into the archive yet?

Since you're alive, I'll merge 430416 into 419924 with your name on
the top and we'll focus on 419924.

If the package goes into Debian, it will be pulled into Ubuntu at the
next sync point and override any ubuntu specific installed package. So
no problem with conflicts.

On the Ubuntu side there needs to be lobbying in the IRC #ubuntu-motu
channel (politely), asking if anybody is available to review bug
246715. If anybody has any contacts with ubuntu developers directly,
then an email to them would be appreciated.

--
Neil Wilson