[Gluster-devel] gluster questions

Jonathan Fine fine at astro.psu.edu
Tue Feb 5 13:51:42 UTC 2008

Brent,

This sounds like exactly what I was looking for.  Now a couple of more
questions:

Is the TLA code considered production ready?  OR is this testing code
that may still have some bugs?  Since I will be using this for home
directories in a research environment, I need something that is stable.

What does disabling direct-io do and how does it affect glusterfs and
NFS?  I looked it up on the client commandline options page of the
wiki, but that didn't really give an in depth explanation.

Thanks for giving me details on the setup of NFS re-exports.

Jon