[Gluster-devel] gluster questions

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Tue Feb 5 02:40:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Brent A Nelson wrote:

> As for GlusterFS mounts directly on Solaris, I haven't tried.  I've been
> watching the mailing lists of FUSE on OpenSolaris (as I'm quite interested in
> this option), and it appears that it may be workable, but they accepted a
> patch a few months ago which broke compatibility with older OpenSolaris
> kernels (such as those found in the OpenSolaris releases, even Solaris
> Express is too old, perhaps especially for Sparc), so you're practically
> forced to work with the latest OpenSolaris (Nevada) code.

Hmm, I just checked the latest on the OpenSolaris situation, and it does
appear that OpenSolaris Express Developer Edition is now (as of last
month) sufficiently recent (including for Sparc) to support the
OpenSolaris FUSE port.  If you're willing to depart from Solaris <=10,
this could be very tempting...

Thanks,

Brent Nelson
Director of Computing