[Gluster-devel] Problems with unify

Antonio González antonio.gonzalez at libera.net
Tue Apr 22 12:25:54 UTC 2008

Hello Krishna,

I have made more test to try to clarify the problem, I hope this information
helps you.

I have tried with a simple schema. One server that exports one brick (only
posix storage and tcp/server)and three clients (only tcp/client).

The test is:

*         From client1 I make a “cp /home/element1 /mnt/gluster”.

*         When client one is making the cp I unplugged the power cable.

*         From client2 I make a “ls” command. The client2 is blocked.

*         If I try any operation from client3, it is blocked also.

*         The client2 is blocked during 3/4 minutes, then it shows the
message “ls: cannot open directory .: Transport endpoint is not conennected.

*         The logs of bloecked clients says nothing.

*         If i try to connect other client to the glusterfs file system, the
connect is not posible and the log of client says:
[client-protocol.c:279:client_protocol_xfer] trans: attempting to pipeline
request type(2) op(4) with handshake.

Krisnha, I need to know if you have been able to reproduce the bug, I must
expose the GlusterFS project and I must know at least if this issue is a new
bug and if developers will work to solvent this.