[Gluster-devel] Roadmap and support questions.

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Tue May 15 14:06:26 UTC 2007

Hitesh writes:

> Gluster is a complete clustering stack comprising of components that
> address building of Clustered File Storage (GlusterFS)
> The business model is akin to the Red Hat business model where the
> customer pays enterprise class support. We also provide full blown
> professional services around GlusterFS

Thanks much for your post.

My employer is interested in seeing gluster working in FreeBSD.
Based on some other feedback on the list that is not right now a priority
and this is why I initially tried to send email to support at zresearch.com.
believe Anand Avati wrote to say that he was going to look into it.

Anand Avati also wrote in another email that some help was needed to get the
FreeBSD compatibility going since you did not have any FreeBSD machines. He
basically wrote that if issues were reported they could be looked at.

Attila Nagy posted shortly after Anand's post that he could give access to
the Gluster development team to FreeBSD machines. He already did a great
start in trying to debug the issues. He even gave some suggestions on code
changes to make the code more portable.

My questions are:
1- Can FreeBSD be placed in the roadmap? That way anyone hoping to see
glusterfs working in FreeBSD have an idea what to expect.

2- What kind of commercial support can we get for GlusterFS?

3- Would getting commercial support for glusterfs help increase the FreeBSD
priority in the roadmap?